Thank you for your submittal to LEDucation. LEDucation is a program of the Designers Lighting Forum New York. We are a 501C3, Not for Profit organization. Funds raised at LEDucation support lighting education, scholarships and the lighting industry.
- If your Session is accepted, you must comply with the due dates and requirements listed below. If you are unable to meet the requirements, please contact LEDucation at presentations@LEDucation.org and withdraw your application.
- When submitting, please keep note of your User Name and Password. We do not have access to that information. If lost, please request from the site.
- If you are submitting for a colleague or creating a Panel Discussion, the names and profiles for each of the participants is required. This information can be updated within reason.
- Please note for panels, at least one person must be the presenter to receive notifications.
- If your session is approved, you will be notified with the additional information required.
- Bios, headshots, hotel information, Speaker Dinner/Press Event, rough draft submittal and final presentation submittal is done via the LEDucation portal only. We cannot accept data by any other means.
- You are able to make changes and edit information via the portal, so please keep note of your User Name and Password.
LEDucation will provide hotel accommodation for one (1) night of stay during the show.
- If you would like to reserve additional nights, please provide all dates and we will make the reservation and apply the discounted rate.
- Please book the hotel via the portal to avoid confusion.
- Travel and associated costs are solely the responsibility of each presenter. LEDucation does not cover travel costs.
- AIA rules must be followed. Brand names, logos etc. cannot be used.
- LEDucation will provide a preformatted template (black or white), available via the portal and this must be used.
Due dates are mandatory:
- Call for Speakers – closing date October 15, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance – November 4, 2019
- Schedule of Date and Times – December 1, 2019
- Bio and Photos Due – December 1, 2019
- Hotel Reservation Requirements – January 17, 2020
- Speaker Dinner RSVP – February 21, 2020
- Presentation Draft – February 3, 2020
- Final Presentation – March 2, 2020
- Please meet the required delivery dates to remain as a LEDucation presenter.
Presentation Abstract –
- Provide a brief overview of the subject matter of the presentation
- Not to exceed 100 words
- Indicate course level; Introductory, Intermediate, Advanced or Update
Is any prerequisite knowledge required?
- Learning Objectives
- Four (4) learning objectives are required
- Objectives should cover what information or skills the participant will learn
- Not to exceed 100 words
- For HSW credits the following additional information is required
- Health – refers to the physical, emotional and social well-being of the occupants, users, and any others affected by building and sites
- Safety – Protects occupants, users and any others affected by building or sites from harm
- Welfare – Equitable access, elevate the human experience, encourage social interaction and benefit the environment.